Posted on 05 April 2017
Easter is quickly approaching and we wanted to help you make the perfect diet-friendly treat to share with your family and friends! This Healthy Easter Carrot Cake Muffin recipe is super simple and delicious, it is a guaranteed crowd pleaser! Let's get started 🥕
2 cups shredded carrots (3 large carrots)
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup apple butter
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a muffin tin with paper cups or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, carrots, raisins and walnuts until well mixed. Set aside.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine apple butter, honey, eggs, vanilla and butter. Stir until smooth.
4. Add apple butter mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine. Do not over mix.
5. Spoon the mixture into muffin tin, filling them 2/3 of the way. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a baking rack.
7. Enjoy 😋🥕
Who will you share your carrot cake muffins with?