Alright, the Super Bowl is this Sunday, and the only thing more important than the game is game-day snacks! Whether you’re hosting or attending, we wanted to make sure you had a top-notch list of recipes to show off.
We tracked down four super easy recipes to cover all the most important game-day food categories: drinks, snacks, dips, and desserts!
The Drinks: A Beer-garita
This is a classic we totally think deserves a comeback. Light, refreshing, and super tasty, this drink is ready for your Super Bowl event.
1 can Limeade
3 to 4 fresh limes
Your light beer of choice (any pilsner would work, we thought the Corona and lime made for a perfect pairing)
Your fave tequila
Find a nice large pitcher and in it, mix the limeade according to the instructions. You’ll want the pitcher to be about 1/2 full with the limeade mixture.
Add tequila to taste and fill the remainder of the pitcher with beer leaving enough room for ice.
For an extra lime punch, add the juice of 2 limes, and some extra lime slices to the pitcher.
Top off the pitcher with ice to keep cool and voila! Your beer-garitas are ready!
Couple of Extra Notes:- Want to get extra fancy? Cut some additional lime slices and garnish everyones glass.
- If preferred, you can go the natural lime juice route! Just remember to add some sugar.
- If you know those who aren’t a beer fan, you can always leave it out of the pitcher and top off glasses with beer.
Original recipe from: https://thewoodenskillet.com/beer-margarita/
The Snacks: Avocado Wedges
Looking to inject some kind of healthier element into typically not so healthy food? We would highly recommend making yourself some crusted and baked avocado wedges. It's even got its own dip!
3-4 avocados sliced into wedges
3-4 cups crushed corn flakes
1/2 tbsp of chili powder
2/3 cup flour
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 large egg
Salt and pepper to taste
For the dip
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
It’s all about prep. Preheat your oven to 400 F and coat a baking sheet in oil for your wedges.
Let’s combine all the parts needed for the wedges. In separate bowls, lay out your flour, whisk together your buttermilk and egg, and lastly, combine your crushed corn flakes and chilli power.
Salt and pepper your avocado wedges, then taking one at a time, coat it lightly in flour, then dip it in the buttermilk + egg mixture (letting any excess run off), cover entirely in corn flakes and place on the baking sheet. Repeat until all your wedges are good to go!
To help make them extra crispy, sprinkle some oil over all the wedges and pop them in the oven for about 25 - 30min or until golden brown.
While they’re baking let’s make the Chipotle Mayo dip. Add the mayo, chipotles, lime juice, lime zest, and chili powder to a serving bowl and mix until all well combined. Then enjoy!
Couple of Extra Notes:
- If you notice some flour sections on your wedges after you’ve coated them in corn flakes, cover it in oil before putting them in oven to make sure it gets baked.
- Want them extra crispy? Take them out a little early, let them cool, then cover lightly in oil again and bake for a second time!
- No corn flakes on hand? Bread crumbs will also do the trick!
Original recipe: https://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/recipes/a45487/oven-avocado-fries-recipe/
The Dip: Buffalo Chicken Dip
Chipotle Mayo not enough dip for your? Looking for a dip that can be it’s own meal? Well then you can’t beat a timeless recipe. Time to pull out the Buffalo Chicken Dip.
- 1 cup ranch
1 1/2 - 2 packages cream cheese
- 2-3 cooked and shredded chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups of your fav hot sauce (we like Franks Red Hot)
2 cups shredded cheese of choice
Preheat the oven to 350 F and grab a bowl and whatever oven safe dish you’d like to serve the dip in.
Take your shredded chicken and toss in a bowl with your hot sauce. You want to make sure the chicken is completely covered!
Give that chicken some time to mingle with the hot sauce and prep the base. Mix the cream cheese and ranch dressing together, then spread evenly along the bottom of your oven safe dish.
Step 4Layer that chicken on and then top it off with your cheese. Pop the dish in the oven for 15-20 min, and it’s ready for dipping.
Couple of Extra Notes:
- Want to brown your cheese a little more? Set your oven to broil for the last 2 min.
- Looking for a bit more spice? Add more hot sauce to the chicken or extra directly to the ranch - cream cheese mix for an extra kick.
- Be careful! This dip will be extra HOT so give it some time to cool before serving.
Original recipe: Family recipe
The Dessert: Apple Crumble Cake
This dessert is so easy you can literally throw it all in a cake pan and let the baking do the rest. This is our kinda recipe! It's sweet, it’s gooey, crunchy, and pairs so well with ice cream.
2 cans of apple pie filling
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups halved caramel squares
- 1 box of white or yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup melted butter
Preheat oven to 350 and grease a cake pan or casserole dish.
In the dish, empty the cans of apple pie filling and add the extra cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix it all together and spread evenly along the bottom.
Take your caramel squares and evenly arrange them on top of the filling. Then take your cake mix and cover the whole dish.
Step 4Next pour your melted butter making sure that it spreads all the way across your dish. Pop it in the oven for about 40 min or until the top looks brown and it starts bubbling. Then serve it up!
Couple of Extra Notes:
- This can be prepped ahead of time and then reheated the day of but the crunchy top is best day of.
- Love cinnamon? Add some extra to the top layer of butter and cake mix!
- Don't feel like cutting up caramel squares? Just use caramel sauce instead for a similar effect.
- To top off the dessert, grab some ice cream and serve the cake warm with a little drizzle of caramel sauce. It just ties it all in together.
Original recipe: https://thenovicechefblog.com/caramel-apple-dump-cake/
We hope you found some game day recipes inspo. If not for this weekend, you definitely have to take another time to give these recipes a try. Truly *chef’s kiss*! Happy Super Bowl Weekend!
Shop the Featured Styles
Veronica Pearl Figaro